Well here we are. A new year. Welcome to 2014.
Have you made plans for your business goals this year? Read my last post to get an idea what areas to focus on so you don’t get left behind.
I’m feeling a little behind the 8-ball myself, but I plan to implement these methods in the weeks ahead:
- An intro video on my website, and possibly my own YouTube channel with some how-to videos (read this post for more about creating your own marketing videos)
- A mobile version of my website. Mostly to show that I “practice what I preach”…
- An update to my blog template (I know, I know, it needs it!)
- I’m getting a Twitter account. I’ve ignored Twitter so far in an attempt not to spread myself too thin (which is part of what I preach) but a colleague has recently convinced me that it doesn’t need to be difficult or time-consuming.
- Set up a referral program to reward my clients.
- Write an e-book. Subject matter is still awaiting a brainstorming session. Your suggestions are welcome.
I’ll also continue my fortnightly blog and my existing social channels – Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn.
Stay tuned to the blog this year for lots of advice about social media, peppered with my own trials and tribulations.
Plus I’ve decided to start working once a week at a local co-working space called The Village. It’s attracting lots of other creative types and small business people, so I’m hoping to draw some good energy from there and hit you with lots of new ideas.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!