Who I am
I'm Robyn Harper and I'm a geek.
I studied web design because I wanted a geeky creative outlet. I started Right Hand Design in 2010 and was amazed at the learning curve involved in starting a small business. So I chose to work with small business people - those just starting out or just starting online - to help them through that learning curve.
My tagline about "left-brain business" is because I'm very much a left-brain person. You know the type - very logical and picks on details (like spelling!) Good at planning, organising and understanding priorities, and usually very reliable. As web "design" needs so much more than fancy graphics, a right-handed, left-brainer is just the kind of person you want to design your business website...
Follow me on:
My blog provides a dose of practical left-brain small-biz advice.Visit the RHDblog
How I Work
Things you may not know...
- I love being a small business. I don't want to be rich or famous.
- I work happily alone from my home office in Sydney.
- I try to keep 'normal' hours, Monday-Friday 9-5 (no midnight-coding stints here).
- I take extended breaks from the desk with walks to the beach (or one of several favourite cafes).
- Yes, I love coffee.
- But, as is my motto in life, "everything in moderation".
- I forget to apply that motto to my iPhone addiction.
- At least I don't check email every minute of the day. But I will get back to you within a day.
- I care about my clients, about their businesses, and about their websites.